Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Palm Beach Birthday

I’m not over yet with my love affair with the beach, I know I was living in the beach almost everyday on my recent trip to the Philipiines. When I got back to Oz land, been beach bumming every week too. So here’s the first of my beach chronicles, hey tell me when you get sunburn from looking at my sunshiny posts from now on. Ok, but just let me be, pretty soon it will be Autumn down under and then I’ll start layering up and hibernating.
 
Palm Beach Sydney

This time we went to Palm Beach in the northern beaches. I am still wondering to this day why it’s called Palm when the beach is literally lined up with pines trees. Kindly look at my pics to see what I mean :)
Palm Beach Sydney
  
It is the same beach as the Summer Bay, the fictional beach of the soap opera Home and Away. However, I haven’t seen anyone filming at that time maybe because it was superhot that day. We don’t get many blazing days in Sydney on our summer season, but if the sun decides to give its full force it’s not a joke to feel its fangs in the form of a heat stroke.  But it was such a good beach choice as my family found a cool shade among the pine trees.

 

Yet, my cupcakes were still melting and my chocolate chip cookies were in danger too. Oh yea, it was my birthday that day and I baked these goodies the night before. I wanted to bring something my little hands can be useful for. They’re the only ones I can contribute as I’m hopeless in making sandwiches and other picnic foods. So I let hubby made the sandwiches (goodness me :)) and the other girls in my family brought the savoury food. I wanted to protect my cupcakes badly from melting but to no avail :(
  



 
Didn’t swim in the beach as it was not bearable for me to stay in the sun and sand that time. But we headed to the rockpool instead which was much safer for the kids. And this was where my outfit shots were taken mostly.
Palm Beach Sydney

 
I'm always fascinated with rockpools or ocean baths as they have became icons of Sydney's coastal lifestyle. It's a saltwater pool and washed during high tide. It is a safer place for toddlers too or to anybody in general, away from the sharks and rips. So for me, I prefer swimming between the rocks :)






Photo credits to glamadventure and for my swimming outfits (thanks for the bday presents dear!).

Summer hat from Sportsgirl

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

18 comments:

  1. how fun

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time and these pictures make me feel ready to take on the beach now! I enjoyed reading your adventure and look forward to seeing more. Have a great week!

    XxKaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks amazing! xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place look so relaxing! love the photos!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning! Have a fabulous weekend ahead!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!
    Have a lovely weekend

    kisses Adela Acanski

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome beach shots and a very happy belated birthday babe!!

    xoxo, Aldora
    Aldora Muses – A Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Mercy for your visit to my blog. Lovely view of the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete