Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Colours of the Year

Who would have thought I would really mind the colour of the year as what Pantone had decided for the year 2016? Not that people should really know about it but in fairness it actually helps fashion designers and many other consumer oriented companies design and plan for their future products. It is also a great tool for bloggers to create a palette of colours, well, in my case it made me unearth this dress with monochromatic shades of blue and this shawl with hues of pink. Aye, how cool is that?
La Perouse Sydney
La Perouse

I didn’t really buy these 2 for the purpose of this post, they popped out from my closet when I was looking for a colour inspiration. You see, I don’t buy shawl or scarf because I don’t know how to use it haha and I sweat easily but it seems that I’m always gifted by my friends.  Now, I would thank one of them for this lightweight chiffon shawl, it just completes the picture.  So bring it over friends :)
 
La Perouse Sydney
Bare Island at a distance
 

Chasing the kite
There are two colours of the year this time and they’re serenity and rose quartz. The lighter shade of blue in my dress is serenity while the deeper hue of pink in the shawl is rose quartz. I love both colours, they are cool to the eyes and yes they are pastels, what’s not to love about them?

My family had a picnic one Saturday arvo for my niece’s birthday in La Perouse which is a south-eastern suburb of Sydney. The place is notable for its old military outpost at Bare island and Tom Cruise made it even more popular because several scenes in Mission Impossible II were shots in there. It has a museum too but what I like the most is the Custom’s tower which is located in the hill and is just a perfect place for taking beautiful photograps.






The hungry people picnicing on the grass.


Le Perouse museum. What was this boy doing here?
 
So windy that day, I had to put a long cardigan in marsala colour which was the colour of 2015 :) But I couldn’t be more thankful to the wind as the shawl was really put to good use :)

La Perouse Sydney

OOTD Details:

Bodycon dress from Forever 21 (similar)
Long cardigan from Forver 21 (similar)
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

12 comments:

  1. It's 2016 now...but I'm still loving the marsala on you.
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsala is actually a lovely warm colour, love wearing them on autumn and winter days. Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. The dress is so pretty! And the piks are so beautiful!

    www.girl-gulaabi@blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful shots, I love your look!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors.
    I think it signifies femininity as well.
    I'm lovin that ombre design on your dress

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps! Yes it does signify femininity.

      Delete
  5. Thank you very much. I'm following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing!!
    stylemydreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!!

    theweirdbutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete