Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Wednesday 19 August 2015

The Trench and the Boys

I have to publish this post before the end of cold season in Southern hemisphere. While trench coats are colourful and mood uplifter on a rather dreary and cold mornings, I wouldn’t wear these to work on a normal winter’s day since it couldn’t really protect me from Sydney harbour’s chilly wind even in mid morning or early night. I like wearing trench on a Sunday to church or when I’m out and about with the boys in the shops and around the neighbourhood.

My love for trench is growing and here goes a juxtaposition of my trench coats and the boys. First up in green trench with black and white stripes lining. It’s nice donning it with a body-hugging dress underneath so it won’t look frumpy then leave it unbuttoned.

Charles and Keith

It’s not easy grabbing my eldest son to pose with me, thus, resulting to a non-smiling teen next to me.

 My OOTD: Trench and Pumps from Portmans, Bag from Charles and Keith

Next is the creamy beige satin trench that I wore when we were shopping for house lights. It has mixed well with the wooden lamp and my Chanel medallion tote.

Chanel Medallion
  
My baby's shy smile is the highlight of this photo, don't you agree?

My OOTD: Trench from Temt, Tote from Chanel

Third is the purple coat which blended well in the lavender patch. While there are trench coats that look good unfastened, there are some that have to be closed off, otherwise, it will drop, flinging everywhere resembling to an opened raincoat just like this purple one.  


Another non-smiling boy who wanted to go home and be reunited with his computer games.

My OOTD: Trench from Myer, Tote from Gucci

And to give a waist to the trench is to buckle it or tie the belt in front and that accounts for a lot of the charm of the coat. Here is the leopard print number I wore on my brother-n-law's wedding ceremony by the Sydney harbour. I can't describe how cold and breezy that day but it was just brrrr!!!


Warm smiles from the boys (who were a bit younger in this pic, Jace the baby wasn't born yet :-)) on a cold day under the Harbour Bridge.

My OOTD: Trench from Myer, Bag from Oroton

Buckle up with this red trench that I wore indoors, I have no more boys to pose with so this is a solo flight.
 

My OOTD: Trench from Hot Options Target

This shows the older the kids get the less smiling they become so a word to mothers out there to take photos with them while they are still cheerful and less moody. Well, I'm learning it now.


Hi, in case you stumble into my blog by chance I have moved platform from Blogger to Wordpress. To see my updated blog design and the actual website with my new posts please go to www.busyandfab.com. See ya!!!
 


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. -Ecclessiates 3:1
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse
    your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you provide here and can't wait to take a look
    when I get home. I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my
    mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
    Anyways, excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for your excellent info
    you have right here on this post. I'll be returning to your blog for more
    soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah, that's what I was exploring for, what a information! existing here at this webpage,
    thanks admin of this web page.

    ReplyDelete