Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Monday 24 April 2017

Day Trip to the Hunter Valley

How to wear the Bomber JacketFor a wine, cheese and chocolate connoisseur whenever you're in Sydney head to Hunter Valley and you'll be greeted with the finest selection. For a 2 hour drive north of Sydney this is a must to visit for travellers and locals alike. While I'm not a wine collector (hubby is) I would surely vouch for the rare selection of chocolates while my kids would go for the cheese variety. Not only for these items this place tops but also for the lush greenery, laid back lifestyle as well as superb restaurants and wonderful adventures.



What to wear in Hunter Valley
My family went before Easter and as usual we didn't come home empty handed. We used to go to the Hunter for a weekend getaway but this time for only a day trip, yes it is doable. Though we didn't stop at every shop in the Shopping Village but we surely went to a couple of cheese shops, chocolate factory and to wine cellar for wine tasting.

Mcguigan Wines
Wine tasting
For the little time that we had, we're still able to stop over the children's playground where my kids had a blast. I also had the chance to get some photos in the picnic mat with the lush fields and mountain in the distance.
Pokolbin Hill
 
Smelly Cheese shop

I wore a colour coordinated outfit again this time in different shades of pink. My bomber jacket was lilac pink while my bag and sneakers were in blush pink. I had to wear black cami and jeans to make the pink stand out rather than wash me out :)

Chocolate factory hunter valley

Hunter Valley
Love these pink kicks from Windsor Smith, an iconic Australian footwear brand who's statement styles have shaped Australian fashion over the last 70 years. I really like the platforms style, so hip and trendy and the comfort is beyond I expected, it was like walking in the clouds :)

The last shop we stopped over was the chocolate factory (seen above) where there was a café inside and tables with a view of the green plains. Of course, as a confessed chocoholic I won't ever leave a chocolate place without my choicest of dark chocolates and nuts. Though some staff were rude (I know you can't avoid them sometimes), I still left smiling with my bag full of selections.
Windsor Smith Racerr shoes

 Things to do in Hunter Valley

Thank you for reading, 'til next post. You can connect me in Instagram busyandfab to see my fab finds, other outfits and events in between posts.





 
Outfit Details:


Bomber Jacket now on sale from Missguided
Racerr sneakers from Windsor Smith
Bag from Gucci


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

78 comments:

  1. Want them blush tones! So beautiful mama!
    Thank you for the blog visit, hope to see you back for my latest!

    Xx- Julie
    Haute Khuuture Blog | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun trip! I love the scenery!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun & I love the blush bomber jacket babe!!
    xo-Nina

    http://www.ninalnguyen.com/2017/04/neutrals.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, you look so cute! I love your outfit. The pink bomber looks so good paired with the all black and I absolutely adore that bag! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and that there was enough for the whole family to enjoy. I'd definitely indulge in all three, lol, I love cheese, chocolate and wine. Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great start to your week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you dear, hope you're having a good Monday.

      Delete
  5. You look so pretty in pink! Like a pink lady from Grease! Love it hun!
    Kate xx
    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much for dropping a nice comment Kate.

      Delete
  6. Hunter Valley is beautiful, Mercy. I love to go wine tasting once in awhile. The shopping village looks delightful. Isn't it nice to bring home goodies whenever we travel? I bet you browsed around in the chocolate factory for awhile. I'm a chocolate lover too. You look pretty in PINK, and I love that purse. Thanks for taking me along on your getaways. It's as if I'm right there with you.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so sweet, thanks so much Sheri. I know you're a chocolate lover too :)

      Delete
  7. Love the pops of pink! Sounds like fun too.

    xx, Itzy
    LeBellaGypsy.com l Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time out. You look gorgeous.

    Funmi x
    www.funmialabi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics and look! Love your pink bag!

    Kisses,

    http://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking gorgeous hunny! I just adore your sunglasses xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful look and pictures!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loveee the blush tones that you're wearing! I'm seriously just obsessed with this color right now actually.. and it's such a perfect color for spring.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so relaxing there! & I love your sneakers. Platforms are always great & are much more comfortable than heels if you want some extra height! So great you had such a lovely time there! I’ll have to visit there one day!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree too with platforms, thank you for taking time to drop a nice comment.

      Delete
  14. Looks like a great place, I'd love to go :)

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks so much for stopping over Nikoline!

      Delete
  15. Looks like an amazing trip :D
    amazing and so Relaxing. Totaly love it :D

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Amely Rose!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like you had a great time! I love day trips! They are such a nice little getaway. :)

    -Emily www.coatandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pics, love that colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely shots darling and I love your pinky outfit :)

    NEW POST: https://lotofdots.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/trend-alert-wicker-basket/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have yet to go to a vineyard but I can't wait for when I do =o) I enjoy a glass or two of wine with some cheese haha. Looks like a beautiful day!

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you've got to do that! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  20. Whoaa, it seems you had a great weekend :) :) You look lovely in this outfit, I love all your styling outfits :)
    https://goo.gl/KHgcaz
    Natural Beauty And Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear for dropping a sweet comment.

      Delete
  21. amazing pink details, look super cute
    new beauty review on my blog ---> Beauty routine for sensitive skin <---
    have an happy day, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  22. This place is absolutely adorable and I NEED those shoes! Great style as always lady.

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com
    Instagram/Twitter: @missdsquared413

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear, nice to hear from you again!

      Delete
  23. Pretty in pink. Love this look!

    Amy ❤️ www.TheBlushingPink.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that bomber jacket babe, nice to connect with u !!
    New post - http://www.sapphireziva.com/2017/04/shop-happiness-at-stylewe.html

    I just followed ur blog and bloglovin, hope u return :)

    have a great weekend.
    hugs, Kanchan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment and for following!

      Delete
  25. Great pics, you look nice!
    Enjoy Weekend
    Check out the new in style wholesale fashion bags uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice trip Ate Mercy..i love that shade of color of pink in your bomber jacket.. It boost youth.. looking young talaga Ate Mercy..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. It sounds like a great trip with beautiful landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful place and so cool bag
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome pictures! Love your outfit!! :)

    Andrea.

    Seize your Style

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm more for cheese and chocolate than wine as well :P It's hard to be in a bad mood when there's chocolate involved, even if the staff aren't the nicest. Glad you came back with a hearty haul! Also, the architecture for Oishii is really cool! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right with chocolates, they make me look forward too when we visit new places and shops. Thanks Audrey!

      Delete
  31. Love love LOVE this jacket!!

    xo,

    H

    http://firsttimethings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. love all the pink pieces here! so cute!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the bag! Goes so well with your outfit.

    ANOUK

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a lovely place, looks like you had a great time!
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a cute look!! Beautiful shots, babe!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look so pretty in pink. This looks like a cool place to check out.
    http://doreensstylediary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks gorgeous and I love that blush pink you are wearing! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks so much dear KTran :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the colour pinks in this outfit! Your outfits inspire me :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very interesting place! I like your style! Great outfit!

    Do you want to follow each other on gfc? Let me know on my blog and I'll follow you back. ♥

    ↣ My blog "Demilla". Welcome! ↢

    ReplyDelete