Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Sunday 27 March 2016

Square on Easter

It's Easter Sunday, I had an overdose of hot cross buns at breakfast. And my baby is still coping with hyperactivity from eating his chocolate bunnies. 
Chanel classic bag

Alexander Wang marine heels

More than eggs and bunnies Easter means hope and new beginnings. For fashion, since we are in a transitional weather it means to me that I can wear a piece from summer and coordinate it with a print and fabric apt for cooler season.
  This white square print top was very popular in summer and the autumn catalogues now scream for this black square print skirt. Amazingly, they look good together.
 The most prominent flowering plant that graces our streets right now is this deep purple blooms called Tibouchina or Glory Bush. Can't help to smile whenever I see this tree. It is lush and the colour itself looks velvety rich.
Glory Bush

 While we currently experience chilly mornings and don't want to leave the bed, yet it gets hot when the sun is out like summer has never left. I always wear a jumper or a cardigan when I leave home and take it off at lunch time. Welcome to mid-season fashion woes.
Black and white square print
I chose these Alexander Wang black and white platforms, aside from giving me height it finishes off a monochromatic theme that I want to achieve. I know I need a pop of colour and this Hermes bracelet does the job and of course these purple blooms behind me.
 Although this Chanel classic bag gives me more squares it is a staple and just transforms the whole outfit into another level.




Outfit Details: 


Top and Skirt similar here and here
Platforms from Alexander Wang
Classic flap bag from Chanel
Bracelet from Hermes


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. - 1 Peter 1:3
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

37 comments:

  1. Love your Easter outfit Mercy! ANd that purple plant is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice look, especially shoes...are so cool!
    Sophia
    http://sophiasfashionsecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need those shoes!
    XoXo,
    Kat
    http://www.katwalksf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, glad to hear you like the platforms.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Bernadeth, you're blog is nice and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable outfit!

    Hailey
    www.themiddlecloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post ! :)
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit! So cute and fab! And I soo love that bad boy bag - Chanel! :)
    www.meredithgeorge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole outfit on point! I soo love that bad boy bag - Chanel!

    www.meredithgeorge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely combination, the top and skirt look great paired together, I actually thought it was one of those pop up dresses! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a lovely week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very warm comment, thank you. Yes, I'm having a lovely week.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful blooms and great print mix!

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute look! Love those shoes!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look on you! Your comment about your baby eating too many chocolate bunnies made me laugh!! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved your outfit

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute I love the window pane print
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this monochrome look amazing on you darling
    NEW POST ON MY BLOG
    <<< fashion blogger italia >>>
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! lovely outfit!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love coordinated clothing. I think you look great in them! Nice bag, too~
    Have a happy weekend!

    ggmemochou.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the patterns on the outfit & how you mix it. Great one sweetie. And I hope yo had an amazing Easter.

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete