Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Tuesday 15 September 2015

My first high-end designer bag

This is it, the bag that caused it all. This is my first high-end designer bag, Louis Vuitton Hampstead in Ebene PM (small) size. It was an ordinary shopping day out with my mum, nieces and nephew who was our driver :-). I was wearing my blue flip-flop because of anticipated walking in the mall and paired it with my blue Oroton tote (not pictured). Before hitting the mall, we went to the city to pick up the LV that I pre-ordered. I was so awestruck as soon as I held the bag in my arms (ahhh!), the rich fine finish of the damier canvas and the red alcantara lining inside. I was trying not to get a bag with the monogram canvas at that time because I didn’t want a loud print screaming LV all around the purse but that soon changed after a few months passed :-). What attracted me even more to this bag is the shining gold metal plate in the front which is not common in the new LV releases.

Louis Vuitton Hampstead






This has been discontinued already so the safest place to get with a guaranteed authenticity is through www.reebonz.com or from other reputable online shops like www.fashionphile.com. Ebay is also a good source but buy at your own risk since the buyer is dealing directly to an individual seller who can be a crook advertising it as authentic when it’s not. Even worse if they post an authentic item and replace it with a knock-off when they send it. Sure, Paypal can protect the buyer but can you imagine the pain you will undergo in trying to get the refund? Still you can get good authentic finds from ebay though just check out the seller’s selling rating.





I was not planning to take it with me to the mall and do a photo shoot but my entourage (my adorable pamangkins J) prodded me to use it not leaving in the car for a possible attraction to the prowlers. So there I took it, transferring all my other belongings from Oroton to my new LV making my shoes and bags mismatched. Can’t believe the feeling as I was holding it like a baby (not as gentle as my real baby Jace though, promise!) and walking giddily haha. We had lunch of pasta and pizza in Charlie Lovett cafĂ© overlooking the marina. We then decided to do a little photo session with my newly acquired leather good, thanks to my ever patient companions. Shopping still went as normal although my wallet felt lighter.

Louis Vuitton Hampstead
Ahhh... shopping without the boys :)

That was an awesome day with LV on one hand and my shopping bags on the other. Oh not forgetting to mention I brought everyone sweets (tart/mousse) from Jean Louis Joseph as a celebration haha (what a cray!) including my boys who were left at home.

Meringue custard pie, Chocolate mousse and Blueberry Almond tart for the boys

This bag just started it all, I told my nieces that it was the only time I would get this kind of purchase but they were not convinced. I hate to admit the truth but they were just argghhh... right.


My OOTD: 
Black dress from Forever 21

Knitwear from Cotton on
Damier canvas bag from Louis Vuitton



"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me."-John 14:1
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

12 comments:

  1. What a great and classic bag, too bad it is discontinued.

    ~xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat on your new LV! My first designer bag was a chanel! Happy Wednesday sweetie!
    www.docdivatraveller.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy Thursday to you. Chanel was my 3rd bag.

      Delete
  3. congrats!!! it's beautiful!

    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag.
    Gucci is one of the best designers bag :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the handbag! Gorgeous pictures too! :)
    http://trend-mixblog.com/

    ReplyDelete