Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Saturday 10 September 2016

Off Shoulder Top at The Grounds

This is one of the places in Sydney that I've been longing to see. It's known to have the best coffee, in fact, it's become an urban sanctuary and institution for café scene. The place was an industrial estate with a mill transformed into a bustling cafes, cubby houses and flower shop with carnival lights, hanging planters, organic produce and happy animals.

The Grounds of Alexandria

The Grounds Garden
It is located in Alexandria an inner eastern suburb of Sydney which is quite near but far. What I mean, it's close to the city but far from public transport. It's still a bit of a walk from the closest train station, Green Square. There are Saturday and Sunday markets that even made the place crowded with Sydney siders and tourists alike, the reason why it can't be my family's hangout. It's a pain to find parking and the wait for the food takes long, I would have heard the endless whines from my boys if I push the idea of coming here on a weekend. The best time to come is during weekdays which is why I have to wait for my friends from overseas to visit :)


The Grounds ATM

Marc Jacobs mouse studded flats
The Grounds is a magical place, full of pretty things with vintage and raw concepts not common to urban hangouts. Truly remarkable for photo opportunities, bloggers or not this is a perfect OOTD location. Ok, so that's what I really came here for :)

Rainbow Roses

Donuts Cart

As for my outfit, I sported this off-shoulder multi-coloured top with flares and paired it with terracotta skinny jeans I got both from Zara. For that amount of walking my feet were thankful I chose to walk on these mouse studded flats I got from Marc Jacobs. Not only it was cute it was extra comfy too. The earthy tone of my outfit went well with the ambience of The Grounds especially the chimney :)

 Zara off shoulder top
 The Grounds Chimney
Zara skinny jeans



As we still had a cruise later that day we didn't sit in for lunch although we grabbed our cups of coffee. But I shall be back for a proper meal and satisfy the foodie in me :)
Celine Nano luggage


The Grounds Cafe

 Thank you for reading, 'til next post. You can connect me in Instagram busyandfab to see my fab finds, other outfits and events in between posts.


Outfit Details:

Top from Zara
Skinny jeans from Zara
Studded flats from Marc Jacobs
Nano bag from Celine


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

84 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place! Loving the red telephone box! You look fab hun xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and your photographer did a super great Job. Outfit looks pretty too and it matches the scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks to my friends. Thank you too for the nice comment.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love when old spaces are transformed and reused. This looks like an excellent place to spend the day and you wore the perfect outfit!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Alicia for dropping a nice comment.

      Delete
  4. I love off the shoulder tops hun, you look so chic :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your visit on my blog. Of course we can follow each other, I'm following you 24 :) http://bysinkj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following, I'm following you in GFC and Bloglovin.

      Delete
  6. Amazing photos and great post :)

    XXX, https://travelcreateandfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That place looks so beautiful!

    https://theunhappymermaid.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous place - and I love your outfit, too!

    Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adoro il tuo outfit.
    Labbinamento dei colori è perfetto per il tuo stile e le tue forme del corpo.
    I miei suggerimenti ed i servizi di Consulenza d immagine avvalorano le tue scelte e la combinazione di elementi del guardaroba.
    Stai veramente molto bene.
    Bravissima.
    Consulente d immagine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely... I really like the natural green setting and all the plants!

    http://www.districthilo.com

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool place!

    Anna Sofia

    http://www.style-plaza.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful location! Love the fall stripes on the off the shoulder. Hope you had an amazing time! xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had. Thank you Christine for commenting.

      Delete
  13. I'm in love with that striped off the shoulder top! Gorgeous look pretty lady!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always look great hun, everything you wear was totally beautiful. I love every bit of this look.

    Check out my blog post about Dull Olive Green Outfit
    xoxo, Katrina | Instagram: @katrinaisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. ang ganda Ate Mercy.. love the rainbow roses and your rainbow striped top...great place ever..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat kaayo Jehan! It's nice to hear from you always.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for dropping by Eleine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This top looks amazing on you, and the colorful roses are beautiful.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the roses were so pretty. Thank you for dropping by Nina.

      Delete
  18. I love anything off-the-shoulder, girlfriend! So good!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  19. The location is so beautiful and you look stunning also.

    xx
    http://www.thestylefanatic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such lovely pics! I love that top x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww! beautiful and adorable pictures, your outfit is beautiful and colourful.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures, your outfit is so cool. I love it.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the place and the outfit <3

    http://www.wanderingposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw thank you so much for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your choice of color in this outfit, so good! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous top Mercy!! The colors of this outfit are just stunning!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love the off shoulder top, the different colour stripes make it really gorgeous!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've gotta be kidding me! I wish you had written this post 4 years ago when I was in Sydney, I would looooove to go to this cafe, it looks amazing! Putting this on the list of things to do before I die :P
    xoxo, simona and indre

    https://www.sistertalessite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too late, you can still come back to Sydney :) Thank you so much for dropping a nice comment.

      Delete
  29. Love the colour combination of the rust pants with the striped top :) Your studded mouse flats are awesome too - I have the sane pair in grey and they are so comfortable.

    It's great you got to visit such a pretty place with your friends.

    Away From The Blue Blog | Giveaway: Diapers Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica, at least you can relate with the flats :)

      Delete
  30. Hello, Ate Mercy! I think your top and pants match really well. :) The colors look lovely and bright, and I'd love to wear something like this too. With regards to your photos, they look amazing as always. And Sydney has always been one of the most beautiful places I'd love to visit. I envy you for that! Hehe. Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Airish, always love to read your comment. I agree about Sydney, hope you can come here one day.

      Delete
  31. Thanks for your comment on my blog, ofc we can follow each other, I just followed you now #25 Please follow back.

    xx
    http://www.thestylefanatic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Benita, I'm following you back now.

      Delete
  32. you look great

    Wendee//theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those stripes look so gorgeous on you and I love the colour combination you have created!

    x
    Shloka
    theislksneaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. That place look amazing!

    www.stepfromsteph.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful place :D

    https://roseaud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, dear
    I liked your blog so much!
    Following you now :)
    I will be happy if you follow me back :)

    https://valerianest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love a good off-the-shoulder top!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  38. Really fantastic place and beautiful outfit dear kisses for you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nicely colour coordinated outfit!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a cool top! x

    www.miraaksoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my, this location is heaven.
    Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

    www.vesthier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a nice location. Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  42. Love this! The Grounds are also such a beautiful spot! Also love the juices they have there! X

    Pose & Repeat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rubi! Nice to know you've been there.

      Delete