Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Monday 12 December 2016

Velvet Dress and Pleated Skirt @ Sammydress

How to wear the velvet dressChristmas is upon us and while my friends from the Northern Hemisphere are clothed in layers I am putting away my jackets, coats and fur vests in favour of playsuits and lace dresses. Luckily, there are outfits that can be worn for both sides and ends of the world and these are the velvet dresses and midi pleated skirts. Only a matter of styling and the kind of footwear to slip on one is ready to face the kind of day it will be.


Velvet dress
This blue velvet number I scored from Sammydress is oh so perfect for parties in the coming Christmas season. You cannot get wrong with velvet as it is currently one of the trending pieces to own. It is a warm material and figure forming, you can cover it with coat without it making look bulgy.
Evening gown
 Sammydress
Since it is warm down under, I can go as is though maybe I should fix my hair a little bit  :) I chose to wear my blue and black suede pumps to match the dress perfectly. We shot these photos towards the end of the day and as noticed the velvet glows more when it's a little dark. How awesome is it?
Velvet trend
Balenciaga bag
 Outfit Details: Velvet Dress from Sammydress; Heels similar;
Bag from Balenciaga
Up next is this metallic midi pleated skirt also from Sammydress. I've been on a hunt for this kind of skirt on a more affordable price and I got it in just the right time. This online shop is the answer if you want trendy apparels in reasonable prices.
Gucci Interlocking bag
Pleated skirt
 I paired it with a crop top to slim down the silhouette since the skirt is on the flowy side. And this red tassel sandals and Gucci bag are just the finishing touches.


Rayban sunglasses
Tassels lace up sandals
As we're currently enjoying the summer heat, sunnies are a must to stop the glare from the bright sunlight.
As for my friends in the cold side of the world, this skirt is perfectly worn with short jacket and ankle boots. Or actually anything as long as you keep yourself warm, just let your creativity run freely.
May the label top
 Sammydress skirt
 Outfit Details: Pleated skirt from Sammydress; Top from May the Label;
Heels from Missguided (similar); Bag from Gucci; Sunglasses from Rayban 


 Thank you for reading, 'til next post. You can connect me in Instagram busyandfab to see my fab finds, other outfits and events in between posts.

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

46 comments:

  1. Amei a saia plissada!
    Seguindo seu blog flor!
    Agradeço pela visita em meu blog... Beijos 😘 e Feliz Natal! 🎄
    Blog A primeira Casa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress and skirt, you look gorgeous:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first dress is so hot !!!

    lets follow for follow ?

    Wild West OOTD - New Post

    Check out my Insta / Google+ and stay tuned ♥Instagram
    Google✚

    Stay Gold

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in both looks!


    x Sandra

    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Skirt! Even I just bought one like this in silver! Also a gorgeous dress, I love the velvet trend!
    Kisses
    Cinzia

    www.callmeblondiebycinziasatta.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these outfits look amazing. I love the pleated skirt a lot!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress and that pleated skirt is also very beautiful!! Hope you have a lovely Christmas time!! Xx Susanne - http://bagatyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently bundled up in layers and freezing, so I would probably pair this outfit with a turtle neck and some tights.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the velvet dress.

    xx
    www.thestylefanatic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that color!
    xo.
    www.itswhatsin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to purchase a velvet dress asap, the one you are wearing is so pretty and I love the colour!! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fabulous in both the blue velvet and the metallic skirt. I love it. They would both make great end of the year celebration outfits. Have a great week :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you look so lovely in sexy in that blue dress!!!

    I am back to blogging after a very restful hibernation – hope you could check out what I’ve come up with at the blog!

    Happy Holidays!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That velvet dress is amazing! I love the color.

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blue dress is STUNNING! You are great in it! :)
    http://dasynka.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love the your clothes and the way you wear it! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ongoing GIVEAWAY! Click link for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so stunning dear :)
    I really like your dress and the skirt.
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    xx Katha
    showthestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two of the biggest trends for the season. Looking fab lady!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look absolutely gorgeous in both looks, but that first one has got to be my most favorite of all your looks! That dress looks perfect on you, the color, the style, everything! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous in both outfits, but right now I'm just obsessed with your velvet dress.

    xoxo Ashon
    http://ashonfashionary.com/currently-wearing/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely LOVE the metallic pleated skirt. I have been looking for one for myself! You look so classy.

    Best,
    Christina
    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both looks are absolutely gorgeous hun! I'm obsessed with both the metallic and velvet trend especially for this upcoming holiday season! Have an amazing day girl :)

    XO Jessi,
    http://www.mywhitet.com/express-december/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm loving the pieces you picked from Sammydress! Dressed up pieces that are so fun to style!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. very sexy Ate Mercy..so so chic.. i love both styles..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look fab in that velvet dress!

    http://www.stringofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. That velvet dress is beautiful! x

    Jessica — NinetyCo

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow such a great blog post!!

    www.londonstylegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both outfits look great on you but wow, you're an absolute knockout in that velvet dress!!


    Emma | www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh you're so gorgeous darling!!

    look at my velvet dress:

    www.fbyelin.com
    https://www.instagram.com/fbyelin/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a gorgeous velvet dress! Obsessing over your fabulous handbags! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're a knockout in this blue velvet! Merry Christmas love!!!

    Love, Liz
    stylewich.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. These two trends are so popular at the moment and I can see why. You look amazing in both outfits x

    Beauty with charm | ESTEE LAUDER GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the brown/gold skirt =o) Beautiful!

    https://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous! I love it :)

    x,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now that is a PARTY ! dress..... Dicky Doo UK x x x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a glam dress!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. That velvet dress is so gorgeous!


    xx Nicole
    http://toogoldstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This velvet dress is amazing!!! <3

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Metallic is my favorite trend in this moment. You look really fabulous in both outfit!
    Kisses!
    Cinzia

    www.callmeblondiebycinziasatta.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Loving the velvet dress! It looks good on you. ♥ Wish I get a slimmer body same as yours, ate Mercy! Btw, I nominated you for Liesbter Award! Check it out. :) Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm so in love with your velvet dress! It's so chic! xo, Vivian

    www.viviantse.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm ALL about those two picks and love how you styled them both!

    Desirée | www.fashionlingual.com

    ReplyDelete